Fr. Tomaz Mavric – Lenten Letter 2018
Superior General, Tomaž Mavrič CM, Lenten Letter 2018 continues his reflection on the pillars of Vincent’s spirituality.
“With the Advent letter in 2016, we began reflecting on the pillars of Saint Vincent’s spirituality: the Incarnation, the Holy Trinity, and the Eucharist. In this Lenten letter, we will reflect on the fourth pillar, the Blessed Virgin Mary.”
As we start Lent, 40 days with Jesus in the desert, I would like to invite all of us to fill our hearts with the warmth, trust, availability, and all the love a son or daughter can have toward his or her mother. May we also make our own, renew, or deepen a lifelong commitment to her by following three steps, which will help us be closer to Mary, our Mother in Heaven, who is a preeminent model, showing us the best and shortest road to bring us to Jesus, our life’s goal and our all!
- Praying the rosary daily
- Making Mary’s virtues of humility and chastity ever more our own
- Spreading the message of and devotion to Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal with renewed zeal
May the 40 days with Jesus in the desert bring abundant fruit. May the 40 days with Jesus in the desert renew and deepen our relationship with Mary, our Mother in Heaven, and bring us even closer to her by:
- praying the rosary daily…
- making Mary’s virtues of humility and chastity ever more our own…
- spreading the message of and devotion to Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal with renewed…
May the 40 days with Jesus in the desert renew our hearts, making us open to daily “resurrections,” passing from death to life in preparation for our ultimate Resurrection!
Lent 2018 VF-ENG PDF