September feasts and Vincentian Family today
The month of September marks many milestones across the Vincentian Family in addition to feasts of a number of CM martyrs – Bl. Louis-Joseph François, Jean-Henri Gruyer and Pierre-René Rogue and St. John Gabriel Perboyre.
- 8 – Death of Frederic Ozanam – 1853
- 9 – Feast of Blessed Frederic Ozanam,
- 9 – Birth of Sr. Rosalie Rendu, DC – 1786
- 11 – Founding of St. Elizabeth College, [Convent Station] NJ – 1899
- 14 – Elizabeth Ann Seton, first native-born saint of the United States, is canonized by Pope Paul VI. – 1975
- 23 – Vincent de Paul Ordained a priest – 1600
- 27 – Feast of St. Vincent de Paul who died on this date – +1660
It got me thinking about their legacy across the various branches of the Vincentian Family today. The Germantown Systemic Change Initiative demonstrates the enduring effects of their lives and vision manifested in the birthplace of the Eastern Province.
The Germantown Systemic Change Initiative is an umbrella organization set up to foster networking and collaboration among those in Germantown, Philadelphia. The Initiative was established by the Vincentian Family who are influenced by the spirit of St. Vincent de Paul. Its main activities are:
- Communication and networking
- Working for justice, intervening by capturing the energy of the participants to reorder the way things work together so that the common good of each one and everyone is promoted
- Projects to support vulnerable people in Germantown
There are currently 11 different projects and they are currently exploring ways of promoting systemic change through collaboration. Be sure to visit the website Germantown Systemic Change Initiative