Vincent never dreamed that…
Antonio Tajani, President of the European Parliament, will host a ceremony honoring the service to the poor of the world by the Vincentian Family, on Wednesday, 28 June 2017 at 11 a.m., in the Yehudi Menuhin room, 1st floor of the Paul-Henri Spaak building, European Parliament, rue Wiertz 60, 1047 Brussels.
The ceremony commemorates the 400th anniversary of this spiritual family.
The ceremony will include:
- A welcome by Mr. Alojz Peterle, MEP and Rev. Tomaz Mavric, C.M., Superior General of the Congregation of the Mission and international spokesman for the Vincentian Family;
- an exhibition of photos of the international works of the Vincentian Family;
- Vincentian Father Pedro Opeka, missionary in Madagascar and Nobel Peace Prize candidate;
- Sister Carol Keehan, Daughter of Charity and president and chief executive officer of the Catholic Health Association of the United States;
- Vincentian Father Mateo Tagliaferri, president of Community in Dialogue (Italy);
- and Mr. Mark McGreevy, President of DePaul International.
A reception hosted by Mr. Tajani will conclude the event.
And keep in mind this invitation from our Superior General….
Dear Members of the Vincentian Family,
May the grace and peace of Jesus be always with us!
It is with great joy that I invite you to come to Rome on the weekend of 12 – 15 October 2017 for a Vincentian Family Symposium. Our Jubilee theme “Welcome the Stranger” is the focus of this event. The Symposium goes from Thursday (for registration only) through Sunday, 1:00 PM. Details for the Symposium are found on the Schedule.
I believe it is a gift from God to us to be able to celebrate this event together with Pope Francis, who will join us on Saturday, October 14. We are also privileged to have the reliquary with the Heart of St. Vincent, which has begun its journey throughout the world, with us in Rome for this weekend. It is a great blessing for the entire Vincentian Family and a beautiful opportunity for us to be renewed in our missionary zeal. We will also be celebrating a prayer vigil in the Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls, as well as the closing Mass on Sunday at St. Peter’s Basilica.